The Oscar's Loved Boston

departed1.jpg

Last night at the 79th annual Academy Awards, the Boston mobster flick The Departed walked away with a handful of Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director. The Departed is the first movie filmed in Boston to win Best Picture. This was also a first time win for Director Martin Scorsese. I'm dissapointed Mark Wahlberg didn't win for Best Supporting Actor, he was really great in the movie. If you havn't already seen the movie, I recommend that you do.

2 thoughts on “The Oscar's Loved Boston

1. I just saw The Departed for the first time a few weeks ago. At first I wasn't going to see it because it didn't look like my type of movie but I decided to watch it because it was playing at Hyde and I read a lot of good reviews about it. I have to say it's a pretty awesome movie. If you haven't seen it you should! I found it to be very interesting. The ending of movie is one where you're like...Wow! I didn't see that coming! I give this movie a thumbs up.

2. The Departed could be the best movie ever made. It was very well done and it potrayed Boston in a realistic manner. I like the connection between Providence in Boston because what went on in this movie could actually happen in the New England area especially in a corrupt city like Providence.

I did not like however the attempts made by the actors to have New England or Boston accents. I just thought that Matt Damon and Leonardo Dicaprio went too over the top with the accents and it did not sound very realistic. All in all however, it was a great movie and it kept me on the edge of my seat especially at the end.